Securing Your Aadhaar
In today’s digital era, where Aadhaar plays a crucial role in various aspects of our lives, concerns about its misuse and potential scams are on the rise. To address these issues, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) provides a tool that allows you to lock your Aadhaar biometrics, adding an extra layer of security to your personal information.
Why Locking Your Biometrics is Crucial
Biometric data, encompassing fingerprints and iris scans, is frequently exploited in Aadhaar-enabled Payment System (AePS) frauds. By locking your biometrics, you thwart unauthorized access to your bank accounts through unauthorized finger or iris scans. This additional security layer acts as a deterrent to scammers attempting to impersonate you using stolen Aadhaar numbers.
Moreover, the assurance that your biometrics are secure enables you to use Aadhaar services with greater confidence, fostering peace of mind.
How to Lock Your Aadhaar Biometrics
Through the UIDAI Website:
- Visit the UIDAI website: https://uidai.gov.in/.
- Click on “My Aadhaar” and then “Aadhaar Lock/Unlock.”
- Enter your Aadhaar number and the OTP received on your registered mobile number.
- Choose “Enable Biometric Lock” and set a four-digit PIN.
- Receive a confirmation message once your biometrics are locked.
Using the mAadhaar App:
- Download and install the mAadhaar app on your smartphone.
- Register your Aadhaar number and set a PIN.
- Access your Aadhaar profile, click on the three dots at the top corner.
- Scroll down and select “Biometric Lock.”
- Enable biometric lock and enter your PIN.
- Your biometrics will be locked, accessible only when unlocked through the app.
Unlocking Your Biometrics
Unlocking your biometrics is a straightforward process through the same methods. It’s worth noting that you can lock and unlock your biometrics as often as needed, offering flexibility based on your requirements.
Additional Tips for Safeguarding Your Aadhaar Data
- Never share your Aadhaar number or OTP with anyone.
- Use robust passwords and PINs for your Aadhaar-linked accounts.
- Report any suspicious activity to the UIDAI immediately.
By following these steps and staying vigilant, you can actively contribute to securing your Aadhaar information and mitigating the risks associated with potential misuse.
- Meta strengthens online safety – for teens
- Boat First Smartwatch with Super Cool Calling Features
- What Do You Mean By Gardening?
- Unlocking the Finest Personal Loans in India: A Comprehensive Guide 2024 -How Finance Works
- The Best Book on Investment and Stock Market 2024
- #lock #Aadhaar #biometrics #data #stay #safe #scams #frauds